Posted at: 12:26 PM on 11 November 2013 by Muhimbi
Muhimbi’s range of server based PDF Conversion products has supported the conversion of MSG based emails for years. Based on conversations with customers of the PDF Converter for SharePoint and PDF Converter Services (for Java, PHP, Ruby, C#, .NET) we understand that this facility is extremely popular as so few (if any) other solutions provide the same level of fidelity, performance and features as our software does.
Prior to the 7.1 release our main focus was on the conversion of MSG based emails. EML based emails were supported as well, but in a much more limited manner that focused on the conversion of the email body. With the release of 7.1, and in addition to the changes made to the MSG converter, the EML converter has been brought up to par resulting in both file formats being treated the same.
The key features are as follows:
- Support for all common email content types, including HTML, RTF, plain text and combinations of the three.
- Conversion of rich content including in-line images and tables.
- Support for the conversion of signed emails, both SMIME and Clear Text. The name of the person who signed the email is displayed in the header as well.
- Attachments are converted (optionally) as well and attached to the converted email, resulting in a single PDF file containing all documents. Ideal for archiving purposes.
- Broad internationalisation support. A German MSG based email with an EML based email attached in Japanese? No problem!
- Support for localization of email labels such as From, To, Subject. (As of version 7.2.1)
- Control how email addresses are displayed in the header: just the sender’s name, just the email address or both.
- Output resembles what comes out of MS-Outlook without the need for Outlook to be installed on the Conversion Server.
Example output of a regular email conversation as well as part of a web based newsletter
Many of our customers are sitting on gigabytes of emails that need to be archived for eDiscovery, Freedom Of Information requests and SOX, SEC, FTS, FCC, EPA, NLRB, IRS, EEOC, OSH, OFCOM retention regulations. Being able to access these emails 10, 20 or even 40 years down the line, in a universally accepted format such as PDF (including PDF/A), is absolutely essential. Muhimbi’s range of PDF Conversion products make this possible for all common file formats as well as some uncommon ones such as MSG, EML and even InfoPath.
As email conversion is part of our highly scalable PDF Conversion platform, it automatically benefits from all its features including reliability, scalability, watermarking engine, cross platform support, web services based API, PDF security, SharePoint integration, Nintex Workflow integration, Java support, PHP Support, Ruby Support, InfoPath attachments, Windows Azure etc.
Any questions, contact us or leave a reply below.